Friday, October 24, 2008

6 Quirks Tag.

Thanks for the tag Malorie! Here are 6 quirks about me:



1. I like to put things on my head. They don't have to be anything specific, for some reason, I will just pick stuff up and put it on my head: lamp shades, books, the handles of bags. I think I do it a lot when I'm bored or anxious.

2. When I'm stressed, I pull out my hairs one by one. If I'm sitting in a desk or chair for a long period of time, I will leave a pile of hairs on the floor. I think this is from when I was little and I sucked my thumb. I was always trying to quit and my dad told me that every time I felt like sucking my thumb, I should pull out a hair so I would reassociate thumb-sucking with pain. I guess it backfired and now I associate hair-pulling with stress relief.

3. I have a really long tongue. Well, I guess this isn't such a big surprise if you've read my blog at all, but I think it's pretty special! This tongue won me ticket to the circus. I had no idea how big my tongue was when I was little. I didn't realize it till junior high at the earliest. If you listen closely to me, you'll hear the lisp I still have. (Pleasssse don't let me know you're lissstening, it makesss me sssssself-consscioussss)

4. I talk in my sleep. You know that place where you're not quite asleep but not really awake either and you can hear everyone talking and know you're supposed to respond, but you kinda don't know exactly the right things to say and you might even be still dreaming a little bit cuz you don't remember the conversation when you actually wake up? Oh, you don't know? Hmm. Well, apparently Luca has entire conversations with me that I don't remember every night and some mornings. I usually say really stupid things. I remember coming home late from work and checking in with my mom when I was a teenager. The conversation might go like this:
Me: "Mom, I'm home."
Mom: "OK. Don't forget to do your S codes."
Me: "What?"
Mom: "You know, you have to put your codes in the S field."
Me: "Mom, I think you're still dreaming."
Mom: "No! You have to listen to me! If you don't it will cause problems with the pigs in the field! I'm just trying to help!"
Me: laughing
Mom: "Don't laugh at me. You don't understand."
Me: "You're right. Why don't you go to bed?"
The sad part is, I'm mom now. I did it in college once when I had taken some muscle relaxers for a sore back and some friends came to visit. I sat in the living room and apparently I told them all about spiders and I didn't remember. Luca is threatening to video-tape me and put it on YouTube.

5. If I happen to drive through a yellow light, I kiss my fingers and touch the roof of the car. If the light is red, I do it twice. I started this with a friend as a good luck charm so we wouldn't get pulled over, but I can't seem to stop.

6. I always notice when a group of people is wearing the same color, or somewhat matching colors. For example, in an office when a lot of people happen to wear blue, I have to say something. Or even if they are all wearing different colors, but they happen to be all brights, or all jewel tones, etc. I like to know how I fit in and will check my clothes to make sure I match someone somehow. (like I might be the only one wearing a black shirt, but if someone has black pants, then I still match.)

This was a fun one! Thanks again Malorie. I tag:

Diana
Lynsey
Kelly Muller
Kenzie
Joni
Shelise

3 comments:

Malorie said...

hey kelli, those were hilarious! i read the conversation one to your mom. (we dont have a computer and we come over often) anyway. you were the first one i tagged to respond! i loved em! thanks!

The Barneys said...

Just want to invite you to view my blog e-mail me at DianaBarney@msn.com so I can invite you.

Shelise said...

Hey Kelli,
Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well. See you next post... hehe.