Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Goodbye to the big green...

I have lived in this house for 5 years now, and if you've seen my bedroom, you know it's a cave! Whoever thought it was a good idea to paint a bedroom the same color as my high school football team's uniform (Go Falcons!) seriously needs to re-think a few things. Anyway, I spent this last weekend re-painting my bedroom. It took two coats of primer, two coats of paint and wouldn't you know it...I have a big bright bedroom now! The closet still needs to be done, but I suppose that can wait for another day. I'm not too interested in pulling everything out of there yet. We will do the hall next, then the girls' rooms and family room.

I didn't have a good before picture, but here is one of Luca being silly with Ghengis. You get the idea of how dark the room was. This was taken in the afternoon--not night.




And after....

I wanted more of a plum color on the accent wall, but we found a plaster that we really liked so I tried to re-create it ina faux finish using paint and glaze. The blue quilt will be history as soon as I convince Luca to let me buy a comforter--I'm thinking cream with tone-on-tone or dark colored details. We'll see.

6 comments:

Shelise said...

Kelli, it looks awesome, I will have to see it in person sometime. Go YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli-
Your bedroom looks great. I just made a blog. It is mattandlynsey.blogspot.com. Check us out. We had our baby.

The Barneys said...

It's looks great! Love the corlors. GReat job!!

Kristin said...

I LOVE IT, you deserve it.

joni said...

Hey Kelli! I don't know why I didn't see your blog before since I look at Shelise's all the time.. You did a great job on your room, and your girls are getting so old! ha ha It's good to see you! Oh and cute puppy :]

Kati said...

Hey you!! Good job on the room.....mom has a comforter set that I gave her. You may want to take a look at it. It is cream with periwinkle....but I think it would look more purple in your room. It may not be what you are looking for, but hey it's pretty! Love you tons!!