Even though I'm home sick today, I just couldn't help myself. The girls and I were languishing in front of the boob tube and watching Rachel Ray. She made this awesome Minestrone that just looked and sounded soooooo good that I had to try it. The aroma of the soup simmering was almost enough to make me feel like I was 100% again. (almost) Click here for the link to Rachel's recipe.
I used bacon instead of pancetta and sauteed fresh mushrooms with the bacon instead of using dried mushrooms later. I didn't have kale, so I added spinach at the very end and instead of the chickpeas, I used kidney beans. I happened to have some dried tomatoes from my crop this summer and they were fabulous. I think it gave the soup a deeper, richer flavor.
The picture isn't great, but you get the idea.
I served it with this yummy gluten-free bread from Karina's Kitchen. The girls actually ate soup with vegetables. Wow.
I used bacon instead of pancetta and sauteed fresh mushrooms with the bacon instead of using dried mushrooms later. I didn't have kale, so I added spinach at the very end and instead of the chickpeas, I used kidney beans. I happened to have some dried tomatoes from my crop this summer and they were fabulous. I think it gave the soup a deeper, richer flavor.
The picture isn't great, but you get the idea.
I served it with this yummy gluten-free bread from Karina's Kitchen. The girls actually ate soup with vegetables. Wow.



3 comments:
looks so yummy!! I love soup and it really does make you feel better. Nothing like a hot bowl of broth and veggies to chase away those awful sick buggies!!
I wish I could cook!!
We should have a party Lyns, I would love to get a bunch of girls together and just cook!
Post a Comment