Saturday, February 7, 2009

What's in a name?

As many of you know, I have been taking belly dance classes and I'm getting ready to perform. We have been practicing our routine for the show and there was a part that the teacher wasn't really set on and told us all to come up with something else for that spot. I actually thought about it and came up with something and it worked! I made a little joke about how I was going to have a combo named after me and the teacher asked me what my stage name was.

Stage name?

Oh.

I have to come up with that, huh?

So, I've been thinking and I got a few names that I would like some input on. I want a name that is not too strange, but sounds exotic. Something pretty and somewhat unique and with a positive meaning. I have picked out a few and I would like you to vote on them.

Kallista--means "most beautiful" I like this one with a "K" although I could spell it with "C" as well.

Kelia--close to my given name and still pretty. It means "crown, laurel"

Kahina--This one means "warrior princess" and I like that because my name also means warrior woman.

Salina--meaning "soft" very pretty and unique

Sarafina--"ardent, angel who protects God's throne" I think this one is a bit too much, but still nice

Suraya--"star, princess" I really like this one too, but I don't know if I could carry this name

I had some others, but these are the ones I narrowed it down to. Please vote and help me pick my name.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Kati said...

Kurt and I both like Kelia!! Although warrior princess does sound a lot like you. Especially after reading your previous post. LOL

Or maybe defender of the throne instead it could mean defender of the diet. Love you!!

Kristin said...

I think you should do Kelli with an I, ha ha jk. I like Kelia, like Kati does, Plus it has Laurel in the meaning and you know how close I am to that name.

Kboigirl said...

I thought you'd like it. I'm starting to like it more and more too. But, I think I'll spell it like K-E-I-L-I-A to emphasize the sound "Kay" in the first syllable. Keilia? It's a work in progress...