Monday, April 6, 2009

Please pick a good title for me....

Just when Ifeel like I'm at the end of my rope and so frazzled, one of my girls can almost always make me laugh. Tonight, Gracie wasn't feeling well. She was so bad, she even put herself to bed early. I gave her medicine and then checked on Gabi to see if I had two sick girls. Gabi had a cough so I started to question her to decide which kind of medicine to give her. It went like this,

Me: Do you have a stuffy nose?

Gabi: (sniffing through clear nose) No

Me: Do you have a sore throat?

Gabi: No

Me: Just a cough? Do you have any pain?

Gabi: Well, when I jump up an down, (jumping) and open my mouth, (opening mouth wide, still jumping) it hurts riiiiiight here (pointing to a spot in her mouth)

Me: (handing her the cough medicine)........(I didn't know what to say)

I tried to keep a straight face, really.

I started to smile....

Then I sputtered....

I started laughing my head off!

I cannot describe the way she looked at me, it was kind of like part hurt, part amused, part eye-rolling (she is the eye-rolling champ) coming from a tiny 7 year old with hair still damp from the shower and pajama pants and a baggy t-shirt. Luckily, she didn't hold it against me. She took the medicine and went to bed, so hopefully the girls will be all better tomorrow, then we can have fun!

3 comments:

The Barneys said...

That's so funny. i hope they feel better. :)

Kboigirl said...

Yes, they're back up to no good

Kati said...

That just makes me laugh so hard. Aren't kids the greatest? They really know how to make us feel better when we are "at the end of our rope". Glad to here they are back driving you insane!