Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Excitement on the Mountain



I took the girls and a friend up the mountain hiking today. I love it when the girls have friends over because of the way they talk to each other. We went up the East Kaysville Wilderness Park Trail. I thought there would be more trees, but luckily it was overcast, so it wasn't too hot.



We had a little excitement when we were walking along the trail and heard a very loud rattlesnake! It was right next to the trail and luckily ran (slithered) away, but the girls were nervous after that. I love Gracie's friend, Amanda, cuz she is a really good kid. She suggested we have a prayer, so we stopped and prayed for safety. After that, if Gabi got nervous, Amanda reminded her that we said a prayer so we were going to be fine. Oh what a good friend!





This is Gracie and Amanda pretending to see a rattlesnake.

Here are all the girls on the bridge.

The girls were really impressed with this "waterfall." There were actually three different levels and it ended in a pool that someone had created using a dam and a blue plastic tarp. It was really pretty and might have been fun to splash around in, but we stayed dry.


Here are the girls keeping each other safe on the way back around where we saw the snake. They were being really quiet so we could listen for the rattle. The funny thing is every time we thought we were at the spot where the snake was, we all tried to get close and look for it--not too safe, huh?

1 comment:

Kati said...

That looks like you had a wonderful time. I am so glad you could go. I would probably look for the snake too. We are weird aren't we? What a good friend. i admire little Amanda!