
As I was walking Ghengis this morning, this really cute chow came running across the street toward us. She is a pretty honey-colored little lady and was being naughty. Her "mom" came and got her and took her home, but on the way back, about a half hour later, she was out again. I continued walking home, but she just followed us--came in the house and everything! I checked her tags and called the number, but apparently it was the previous owner's number and they had no idea how to get hold of the new owners. I tried taking her back and was going to tie her outside of her home, but I didn't want her to be too hot. I put her back in her fence and, right before my eyes, she jumped out of the yard and came over to me. I didn't want her to get picked up by animal control (and charge the owners $500) and I didn't want her to get hit by a car, so I decided to take her home. Luca figured out the owner's phone number, so I called and left a message that I would take care of her dog until she came home.

She is a cute puppy, but has bad manners. She walked over to Ghengis' water bowl and splashed it all over the floor, then looked at him like, "what you gonna do about it?" All she wanted to do was play. Ghengis was happy to oblige, but I don't think he liked how Cally thought she was at home. I put both dogs outside so I could get ready for work and the little "sweetheart" destroyed my garden and got all muddy.

My sweet neighbor, Heather, loaned me a kennel so I could leave her inside without worrying about my house being destroyed. A few hours later, I got a call from her "mom." "Do you have my dog?" she asked. Apparently Cally ate up mommy's satin sheet, so was put outside for the day. When I got home, I gave her a bath. I think my next dog will be a Chow--she's such a cute litte terror!



1 comment:
You are a glutton for punishment. I will admit she is a beautiful dog. Wow! One day I will live in a place were I am allowed pets. :)
Post a Comment