Oh my goodness, it's been a busy week! So much has happened and I haven't had much time to blog. I wanted to write a little note in here to draw some attention to a couple of blogs that I added to my favorite blog list. First of all, and one of the reasons I haven't blogged much this week is my new blog, "
Vitamin D, Physical Activity, and Bone Density." This blog is where I will be keeping track of my progress on my capstone thesis. I have a lot of work to do and a lot of people who are interested in what's going on. Feel free to check in on it whenever you want. (ugh! how many times can I say "blog" in one paragraph?)

In addition, I have discovered a really great blog. I stumbled upon it by accident when I was searching for a recipe. A long time ago, a friend gave me a magazine about health that had a really great salad recipe for quinoa (an ancient South American grain). I loved the salad and wanted to keep the recipe, but eventually in a fit of cleaning, I threw the magazine away. So, I didn't really hold out much hope for finding the recipe, but I Googled "quinoa salad with avocado." It led me directly to
this page. It was almost identical to the recipe I had made before! There were a few alterations, I used olive oil in the dressing, omitted the mint and chickpeas, and topped with big slices of tomatoes and roasted pumkin seeds as well as the avocado. I also arranged the salad on top of a bed of spring greens. Oh my yumminess! So I started looking through the blog and found all kinds of vegan recipes that look delicious. I am not a vegetarian or vegan, but I am always on the lookout for new, healthful recipes to feed myself and my family. Check out her blog, she has all kinds of yummy ideas to get more veggies in your diets. I also like that she has them organized on her sidebar by category so you can find something to make that fits into what you need. She has taken beautiful pictures of each dish too. What a talented lady! (picture from
blog.fatfreevegan.com.)
I will get the first day of school pictures up soon. I need to get back to scrubbing the bathroom for now. See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment